A luxurious, family friendly resort with a high standard of accommodation, dining options and facilities.
Overlooking Sounio bay and set within a pine forest, Grecotel Cape Sounio offers private sandy beaches, a state-of-the-art spa and gourmet dining in luxurious settings. The resort features terracota-coloured bungalows and private villas set amidst stone-paved paths and olive trees. They offer spacious living and dining areas, while most enjoy spectacular sea and pool views. Cape Sounio offers a variety of restaurants with spectacular views of the Temple of Poseidon. Athens International Airport is within 24.9 miles. The small coastal town of Lavrio is just 6.2 miles away. The resort also offers private yacht cruises to the neighbouring islets.
Bungalows: Superior, Family, Deluxe Bungalow, Deluxe Bungalow with Private Pool
- Superior Bungalows feature a master bedroom (double or twin beds) with ensuite dining and living area, including a sofa bed for a third guest and have front or side views of the Aegean and the Temple of Poseidon.
- Family Bungalows boast a master bedroom which sleeps two adults and connects with a dining alcove, while the spacious living room with twin sofas is easily converted into sleeping quarters for children. Family bungalows have fully-furnished balconies overlooking Sounio National Park with cypresses, olive trees, pines, and myrtle bushes.
- Deluxe Bungalows have a lounge on the fully-furnished terrace set in a private garden with views of the Aegean or Temple of Poseidon. The modern, open-plan interior offers a bedroom and ensuite dining and living areas as well as a bathroom with bath tub. The sofa converts to a bed to accommodate a third guest.
- Deluxe Bungalows with Private Pool feature a private pool framed by landscaped gardens, bamboo deck furniture transform the pool deck into an open-air living room-perfect for relaxing, working, and soaking up the view.
Villas: Deluxe Family Suite, Honeymoon Villa with Private Pool, Deluxe Family Villa with Private Pool, Dream Villa with Private Pool, Poseidon Villa with Private Pool, Pine Hill Villa
- Deluxe Family Suite, individually decorated with handcrafted furniture and custom-loomed fabrics with state-of-the-art conveniences. Enjoy the direct or side views of the Aegean Sea or Poseidon’s temple from your balcony or your garden enveloped in wild myrtle and thyme. The Master Bedroom is separated with sliding doors and features a king-sized bed facing outdoors. A second bedroom just off the lounge is perfect for children. The spacious indoor living areas spill out onto a terrace that doubles as an open-air living room furnished with elegant bamboo furniture, ideal for al fresco dining.
- Honeymoon Villa with Private Pool boast views overlooking the Temple of Poseidon at Sounio. Outdoors, there’s a private pool in the shaded garden surrounded by olive trees and pines. Master bedroom with king-size bed, separate dining and living areas as well as bathroom and dressing area.
- Deluxe Family Villa with Private Pool includes a spacious open plan living room with distinct dining and sitting areas.Master Bedroom features front views and a king-size bed and separate junior bedroom with two single beds great for children. A private terrace and pool deck offers direct or side views of the Aegean Sea or the Temple of Poseidon.
- Dream Villa with Private Pool features a spacious, master king-size bedroom and second bedroom with two sofabeds-ideal as a working area or children’s room. The bathroom has spa shower and soaking tub, WC, ample storage space and even a mini make-up cooler. The lounge with coffee & tea-making facilities and large screen TV has a dining area and leads out to the gardens and pool. Soak up panoramic views of the Aegean Sea and the Temple of Poseidon at Sounio from the private patio and pool deck furnished with bamboo furniture and sun loungers.
- Poseidon Villas with Private Pool are situated on Cape Sounio’s most prominent point, Poseidon Villas offer superb views of the Aegean Sea and the Temple of Poseidon. Beautifully-appointed and spacious, the Master Bedroom features a king-size bed facing the glorious view and separate open-plan lounge with distinct dining and living areas. The junior bedroom opens off the lounge. The marble bathroom, stocked with plush bathrobes, a mini make-up cooler and exclusive "eau de Grèce" toiletries. Marvel at the view from the comfort of an open-air lounge by the pool, replete with bamboo deck furniture for lounging or dining. Poseidon Villas accommodate up to four guests and offer 76m2 of ample indoor living space.
- Pine Hill Villas are luxurious 150-square-meter residences set on 1,000-square-meters of pine forest and landscaped grounds. Located near the summit of the Cape Sounio’s Royal Hill, these exquisite villas offer superb views of the Temple of Poseidon and Greece’s famous cape. The Pine Hill Villas are designed to meet exacting standards, with hand-crafted furniture, two spacious bedrooms, walk-in wardrobes and dressing area, separate dining and living quarters, two marble baths and butler’s pantry for coffee and tea service.
- Umbrellas, sun loungers with padded mattresses, pool towels, showers, toilets – free of charge.
- Independent air-conditioning & heating
- Welcome offer in room, mineral water, wine & fresh fruit
- Guest Relations & Privilege Club Services
- Room Service (07:00 - 01:00)
- Dry Cleaning / laundry / pressing
- Extensive meeting & function areas
- Facilities for beach & garden events
- Holiday boutiques
- Wi Fi Internet in accommodation & public areas
- Private yacht & wide range of excursions (on request)
- Car Parking
- Meetings & Function spaces
- ’Panorama’ Lounge Bar
- ’Cape Sounio’ Restaurant with open-air terrace
- Sweeping Poseidon Temple views at a la carte ‘The Restaurant’
- ‘So Oriental’ Asian fusion delicacies
- ‘Yali’ Waterfront jetty Restaurant
- ‘Aegean Grill’ Poolside Restaurant & Bar
- Two secluded crescent beaches with full service
- Seawater pool with whirlpool facing the Temple of Poseidon
- Sport facilities including tennis courts & 5x5 mini soccer
- Heated deep hydro-tonic ‘Aqua Elixir’ pool (approx. 50 sq m)
- There’s fun for all the family at the Barefoot BBQ Blazes
- The Grecotel Cape Sounio is surrounded by the Sounio National Park, revered for its scenic beauty and rich geological history. Walking routes are available on request.
- The Full Moon at Sounio is a celebrated event in Greece. Poseidon’s Temple is floodlit and the summer moon appears to dance overhead. Join the Full Moon party on the Cape Sounio beach for a really memorable holiday evening
- Children’s pool
- Grecoland Discovery Adventures for kids
- Tasty Corner kids’ free dining
- Open-air Elixir Spa Retreat with Ayurveda treatments from Indian therapists