Resorts In Tinos
Holidays in Tinos
Holidays to Greece and the Greek Islands
Greece is the land of Gods - blessed with sun-kissed beaches, turquoise coastlines and a rich cultural heritage.
Olympic Holidays knows every hideaway corner so savour the unhurried pace of life and relax on a tranquil cove where the sparkling sea laps secret shores.
Wander through olive groves and fragrant hillsides, discover sleepy villages with cobbled streets and white sugar cube houses to find a friendly welcome at traditional vine-clad tavernas.
Watch the sun set over this magical land or party all-night long because wherever the holiday mood takes you, it is Olympic Holidays’ privilege to create your unforgettable Greek odyssey.
Tinos (Chora) is a typically beautiful Cycladic island. It is also a place of pilgrimage: the Monastery of St Mary Evangelistria houses what’s believed to be a miracle-working icon of the Virgin Mary.
Delight in the characterful villages, fabulous beaches, and the traditional dovecotes, like tiny fortresses, which are dotted everywhere.
While on Greece holidays you'll be able to find shops and shopping centres where you can purchase a huge range of items from clothing to jewellery and DVDs. If you're looking for mementoes of your trip, souvenir shops are plentiful where you can purchase a fantastic selection of local produce including wines, pottery, leather goods, hand-made jewellery, religious icons and embroidery.
The major cities and resorts offer a greater choice of shops and places to go to enjoy a full day's retail therapy; the comparatively low prices make Greece holidays perfect for shopaholics to indulge their pleasure without breaking the bank.
Things To See
- Pretty Pyrgos, one of the largest towns, where a working marble sculpture school still exists in the village
- Chalepas Museum, in Pyrgos, where the famous Greek sculptor lived: many of his works are on display
- Volax: a scenic village surrounded by low hills festooned with hundreds of multi-coloured boulders.
Things To Do
- Surf lessons in Kolymvyrthia Bay, about 12km north of Hora.
- Organised hiking tours in the picturesque interior
- Boat & Bike tours: cruise the crystal sea, then cycle to ancient ruins and hidden beaches.
Taxis: Taxis are metered and are in plentiful supply in the resorts.
Interurban Buses: There are various bus companies linking all major towns, with daily routes at specified intervals.
Urban Buses: These operate frequently during daytime and in certain tourist areas, summer timetables are extended until midnight.
Bicycles: Bikes are available for hire in most resorts.
- Characterful villages
- Fabulous beaches
- Monastery of St Mary Evangelistria