Olympic Holidays is the award winning leading independent tour operator, we have been established for over 50 years. We are known for being a specialist operator providing quality holidays within Greece and Cyprus. Our portfolio of destinations covers a wide range of other short haul destinations. We pride ourselves on our commitment to Quality, Service and Value.
Accounts / Purchase Ledger Assistant
Accountable to - Finance Manager
Location - Head Office, 1 Torrington Park, North Finchley, London N12 9TB
Job Purpose - The Purchase Ledger Clerk monitors the expenditure of a company. Keeping records of products and services bought by the business and keeping a clear reference system. The Purchase Ledger Clerk works with various applications to figure out payments, generate and code invoices, pay for services, and produce cheques. They maintain close relationships with suppliers. The Purchase Ledger Clerk will be required to assist with some Credit Control functions.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Checking/ posting invoices with accuracy.
- Batching high volumes of invoices.
- Organising payments to suppliers on a timely basis.
- To ensure that correct codes are allocated to the expenditure.
- To administrate and reconcile all company credit cards expenditure.
- Deal with a range of finance related queries, both internal and external.
- To assist the Finance Manager and team colleagues with day-to-day tasks.
- Filing systems.
- Chasing debt by telephone/emails/letters and reducing debtor days.
- Answering phone calls and taking payments.
This list is not exhaustive.
Core Competencies -
- Demonstrate strong customer focus
- Positive approach and attitude
- Creativity and imagination
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to express a
message clearly and persuasively
- Ability to influence, inspire and lead to achieve objectives
- Strong team player
- Ability to work flexible working hours
- Ability developing strong working relationships and gain trust and respect throughout the company.
- Consistently delivers against targets
- Proven ability of use of initiative.
- Strong numerate/statistical background.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Microsoft Excel
- A working knowledge of site analytics.
- Previous experience in retail, financial services or travel sector , desirable.
Hours of Work
37.5 hour per week, but flexibility to work evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays are required (time off in lieu as appropriate).
Pay & Benefits
- Salary up to £21,000 to £23,000.
- 28 days paid holiday (inc Public Bank Holidays)
- Holiday concessions after 1 year
- Auto enrolment Pension Scheme
The job responsibilities may, from time to time, be reviewed and amended in line with changing business requirements. The individual may also be required to assist other departments where the roles are suitable in line with an individual’s knowledge and skill set.
If you would like to apply, please email your applications to our HR Department.