Olympic Holidays is the award winning leading independent tour operator, we have been established for over 50 years. We are known for being a specialist operator providing quality holidays within Greece and Cyprus. Our portfolio of destinations covers a wide range of other short haul destinations. We pride ourselves on our commitment to Quality, Service and Value
Accountable to Head of Product & Purchasing
Location: Head Office, 1 Torrington Park, North Finchley, London N12 9TB
To work closely with the Head of Product & Purchasing to develop, plan and deliver a range of profitable quality products to meet the strategic aims of the business. Identify potential new products and determine specifications to ensure a marketing leading position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and implementation of Product strategy and responsibility for product selection
- Research and development of new product types to expand current portfolio in conjunction with the Head of Product & Purchasing.
- Effectively and creatively manage online content and presentation of all products
- Working alongside Marketing & Commercial teams to ensure all products are promoted and represented in the best terms to maximise production
- Specification & direction to Purchasing team relating to ground product requirements and delivery of annual plan.
- Regular analysis of destination sales performance & trends to shape future activities and product strategy.
- Training of Sales Consultants in the product offering including arranging for ground partners to deliver training sessions.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and Requirements and appraising new product ideas.
- Assessing market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Support to all customer facing staff by being central point of contact for product related queries Introduce new products by developing time integrated plans with commercial, sales & marketing teams.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- This list is not exhaustive.
- Experience in new product development and niche products
- Online content management experience with strong attention to detail skills
- Forecasting, planning & strategy implementation
- Solid analytical skills and commercial awareness.
- Skilled in Excel and performance analysis tools such as Google Analytics.
- Customer centric and passionate about travel with experience in travelling in destinations being promoted
- Demonstrate strong customer focus
- Positive approach and attitude & a strong team player
- Creativity and imagination
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to express a message clearly and persuasively
- Ability to influence, inspire and lead to achieve objectives
- Ability to work flexible working hours
- Ability developing strong working relationships and gain trust and respect throughout the company and external customers.
- Consistently delivers against targets
- Proven ability of use of initiative
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools,
- A working knowledge of site analytics
- Previous experience in retail or travel sector is essential
Hours of Work
37.5 hour week, but flexibility to work evenings, weekends and Bank holidays required (time off in lieu as appropriate).
Pay & Benefit:
- Salary TBA at interview
- 28 days paid holiday (inc Public Bank Holidays)
- Holiday concessions after 1 year
- Auto enrolment Pension Scheme
The job responsibilities may, from time to time, be reviewed and amended in line with changing business requirements. The individual may also be required to assist other departments where the roles are suitable in line with an individual’s knowledge and skill set.
If you would like to apply, please email your CVs to our HR Department. or send to the address below
North Finchley, London