Olympic Holidays is the award winning leading independent tour operator, we have been established for over 50 years. We are known for being a specialist operator providing quality holidays within Greece and Cyprus. Our portfolio of destinations covers a wide range of other short haul destinations. We pride ourselves on our commitment to Quality, Service and Value.
Accountable to Finance Manager
Head Office, 1 Torrington Park, North Finchley, London N12 9TB
The Finance Assistant monitors the expenditure of a company, keeping records of products and services bought by the business and keeping a clear reference system. Maintain close relationships with suppliers. Working closely with the Finance Manager in the preparation of Management Information
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking/processing invoices with accuracy.
- Ensure that correct codes are allocated to the expenditure.
- Organising payments to suppliers on time.
- Assisting with preparing monthly management accounts and budgets.
- Reviewing and analysing monthly management accounts and budgets.
- Assisting with year-end audits.
- Preparing schedules and posting of prepayments/accruals.
- Maintaining fixed asset register and posting the relevant depreciation journals.
- Bank reconciliations and other reconciliations.
- Manage a range of finance related queries, both internal and external
- Manage and reconcile petty cash.
- To assist the Finance Manager and team colleagues with day-to-day tasks.
- Answering phone calls and taking payments.
- This list is not exhaustive.
- High degree of accuracy; demonstrates a significant level of attention to detail.
- Numerate; able to perform accounting/financial reconciliations identifying data errors.
- Highly proficient and confident in using Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- Demonstrate strong customer focus.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and build rapport across all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to express a message clearly and persuasively.
- Strong team player.
- Consistently delivers against targets.
- Proven ability of use of initiative.
- Working towards a recognised financial qualification, ACCA/CIMA/AAT (desirable).
Hours of Work
37.5 hour per week, including 1 Saturday in 3 (during peak periods) required for this position (time off in lieu as appropriate).
Pay & Benefits
- Salary TBD.
- 21 days paid holiday (plus 8 Public Bank Holidays)
- Holiday concessions after 1 year
- Auto enrolment Pension Scheme
- Reduced rate BUPA
- Eye Care vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
The job responsibilities may, from time to time, be reviewed and amended in line with changing business requirements. The individual may also be required to assist other departments where the roles are suitable in line with an individual’s knowledge and skill set.
If you would like to apply, please email your applications to our HR Department.