Olympic Holidays is the award winning leading independent tour operator, we have been established for over 50 years. We are known for being a specialist operator providing quality holidays within Greece and Cyprus. Our portfolio of destinations covers a wide range of other short haul destinations. We pride ourselves on our commitment to Quality, Service and Value.
Head Office, 1 Torrington Park, North Finchley, London N12 9TB
You will be working with, and reporting directly to, the Operations Director; providing knowledge of the best IT standards and practices. Previous experience in an IT Support role and excellent knowledge of Microsoft environments and applications is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take overall responsibility for the network infrastructure, including all aspects of the Microsoft environment, desktop, and network security, ensuring this operates to best practice and liaising regularity with external service providers on support, projects and performance.
- Assist in infrastructure projects (such as data and voice) that support the growth of the operational business, ensuring that the infrastructure and security across residences and other locations is correctly established.
- Demonstrate working autonomously but closely with senior management.
- Advise on the design of web pages, flyers and other e-publicity and marketing initiatives.
- Ensure day‐to‐day maintenance for all onsite domain services – emails, intranet, web apps (such as CRM), and overnight back‐ups
- Ensure maintenance and support for all onsite network equipment and peripherals – such as printers, and phones
- Ensure users are assisted and supported, to act as the key point of contact within the office and remote workers.
- A good experience of the following applications is essential: Microsoft Office, Open Office, CMS (Umbraco is used), and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Good knowledge and experience of all of the following: client/server computing environments such as Windows, Linux, networking and cabling, PC hardware fault finding, diagnosis and repair, business phone systems and VoIP, peripherals (such as printers and multifunction copiers).
- Regular reporting on KPIs, workload and challenges, forward planning for peak months.
- This list is not exhaustive.
- Minimum of 5 years working in a Microsoft-based infrastructure and support role in a multi-site environment.
- Strong technical capabilities in Windows-based networks and servers, including Active Directory, IP addressing (DNS, DHCP), WANS and LANS and Microsoft 365. Knowledge of MS 365 Exchange and LINUX would be desirable but not essential.
- Manage data storage, back-ups, security, and privacy of network
- Good knowledge of management of UTM devices, including PCI-DSS certification and practices.
- Good experience of desktop technologies, including Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft 365 packages.
- Good knowledge and understanding of telephony, including VoIP and mobile telephony.
- Proactive approach and capable of working in a rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Creativity and imagination
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to express a message clearly and persuasively
- Ability to influence, inspire and lead to achieve objectives
- Ability to work flexible working hours
- Consistently delivers against targets
- Proven ability of use of initiative.
Hours of Work
37.5 hour week, but flexibility to work evenings, weekends and Bank holidays required (time off in lieu as appropriate).
Pay & Benefits
- Salary discussed at interview, depending on experience
- 21 days paid holiday (plus Public Bank Holidays)
- Holiday concessions after 1 year
- Auto enrolment Pension Scheme
- Free eye examination at the local Specsavers
- Season ticket loan
- BUPA Health Care
The job responsibilities may, from time to time, be reviewed and amended in line with changing business requirements. The individual may also be required to assist other departments where the roles are suitable in line with an individual’s knowledge and skill set.
If you would like to apply, please email your applications to our HR Department.