Olympic Holidays is the award winning leading independent tour operator, we have been established for over 60 years. We are a specialist for Greece & Cyprus however we have grown to offer even more destinations and variety but keep to our specialist ethos by introducing properties that match our customers’ demands in the Canary islands and Balearic islands, Malta, Turkey and Madeira which have been carefully added to our portfolio as well as Goa and The Gambia. We pride ourselves on our commitment to Quality, Service and Value.
Accountable to Head of Marketing and Ecommerce
Head Office, 1 Torrington Park, North Finchley, London N12 9TB
Responsible for the management and development of the website, driving ecommerce sales and improving the customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring all content (text, images, videos, info-graphics) on the website is up to date.
- Add new content to the website, such as hotels, blog posts, resort or country pages (including copy, attributes and images).
- Liaise with Product, Operations and Legal Teams to check the accuracy of content.
- Continually check, replace and add images to all hotel pages, prioritising those which have the most traffic
- Organise and liaise with photographers, hotels and videographers as necessary to ensure we have the best imagery of our hotels.
- Merchandise all web pages to improve conversion and user experience - use a test, learn and improve methodology.
- Measure and monitor conversion rates on the website and report this within team meetings.
- Follow SEO best practice when creating and updating content on the website.
- Update page titles, Meta and Alt tags and seek link building opportunities.
- Assess reading-ease of content.
- Suggest content topics for the blog and other areas of the website based on keyword research, competition and volumes.
- Experience of using SEO tools such as SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Page speed insights, Search Console and Google Trends.
- Experience of link-building.
- Understanding of Flesch-Kincaid reading grades.
- Training or certification in user experience and / or SEO.
- Copywriting or creative writing experience.
- Understanding of Google Analytics.
Hours of Work
37.5-hour week, but flexibility to work evenings, weekends and Bank holidays required (time off in lieu as appropriate).
Pay & Benefits
- Salary discussed at interview, depending on experience.
- 21 days paid holiday (plus Public Bank Holidays)
- Holiday concessions after 1 year
- Auto enrolment Pension Scheme
- Free eye examination at the local Specsavers
- Season ticket loan
- BUPA Health Care
The job responsibilities may, from time to time, be reviewed and amended in line with changing business requirements. The individual may also be required to assist other departments where the roles are suitable in line with an individual’s knowledge and skill set.