Peninsula Resort and Spa
Overlooking the deep blue bay of Aghia Pelagia, offering beautiful views
The Peninsula Resort and Spa is situated on a rocky promontory overlooking the deep blue bay of Aghia Pelagia. Built in traditional Aegean style architecture, this beautiful hotel sits amongst lush gardens and is flanked by two unique beaches where a wide range of water sports can be enjoyed, including Scuba diving school which caters for beginners to advanced. The hotel has two swimming pools: a freshwater pool at the top is the spot where activities such as water volleyball take place. Lower down, nearer the sea is a salt water pool with amazing views out over the Aegean, surrounded by a sun deck and recliners, where you'll feel as if you're lying on the prow of an ocean liner on a Greek islands cruise.
Games are the aim at the Peninsular, with table tennis, football, pool, boules and tennis always in swing among guests of every age. And if there's something you'd like to do, which isn't happening, just ask - and they will do their best to organise it for you. On days when you'd rather laze, you can hop aboard the Blue Explorer, a small cruiser which will take you around the bay in about 2 hours, by day and by night, with drinks and snacks on deck.
Appetites are well catered for at the hotel too, with breakfast, lunch and dinner served buffet style in the Food Court including many local and regional specialities to tempt. There is a formal restaurant and outside dining area next to the pool, but under cover.
Please note: This hotel may not be suitable for guests with walking difficulties.
Twin bedded rooms sleep 2/3 with inland or sea view). These rooms are located for the most part in one of the hotel’s two main buildings and offer a minimal yet elegant design. Family bungalows sleep 2/4 with garden view. These rooms consist of a modern, open plan design, and are more spacious than our twin rooms. They consist of 1 double bed and 2 singles OR 2 double beds, with a unified bedroom area with a minimal and fresh décor. They are located in one of the hotel’s two main buildings. Standard bungalows sleep 2/4 with sea view. These rooms are located in the peripheral areas of the main building closer to the sea and amidst the hotel gardens and pools. They offer a modern, open plan design, and are more spacious than the double rooms. They consist of a unified bedroom area with a minimal and fresh décor, with 1 double bed and 2 singles OR 2 double beds. They all have balconies and verandas that offer excellent sea and pool views. Single rooms with inland view are also available at a supplement. Each room features a private bathroom, a lovely balcony or terrace, telephone, TV, refrigerator, air-conditioning, a radio and a safety box (payable locally).
- 24 hr reception
- Laundry service (payable locally)
- Doctor or medical services
- Car rental
- Safety deposit boxes
- Mini market
- Conference facilities for up to 80 people are available upon request
- Local bus service connecting the hotel to the town. Please note that some amenities may be payable locally
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Spa & wellness centre.
- Buffet restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner with many live cook stations and a focus on Greek cuisine and use of local products
- Snack bar, Lobby bar, Beach bar and Pool bar all offering a variety of cocktails, snacks and light meals.
Dress code (smart casual) for evening dinner and men must wear long trousers.
- Theme nights (e.g. Cretan evening, Italian night etc)
- Animation program
- 2 Children's swimming pools with sea and fresh water
- Mini-Club (June - September)
- Party arrangement for children (payable locally, on request)
- Elevated chairs for children in the restaurant
- Baby Cots
- Babysitting Service (payable locally).
- 3 Swimming pools (1 outdoor sea water, 1 outdoor fresh water and 1 indoor)
- Direct access to 3 beaches
- Pool games
- Umbrellas & deck chairs around the swimming pool
- Table tennis
- 2 tennis courts (with reservation)
- Multi use court
- Aqua gym
- Selection of board games
- Water volley ball.
All Inclusive available at a supplement.
Meals: Breakfast buffet (07:30-09:45), lunch buffet (12:30-14:00) and dinner buffet (21.00-21:30) all meals are served in the main restaurant. Snacks from the Tavern or snack bar (10:00-17:00). Afternoon tea served at the Tavern and snack bar (10:00-17:00). Drinks from the pool bar (17:00-23:00), drinks from the lobby bar 17:00-23:00).