Aldemar Royal Villas
The ideal place for those seeking a luxurious holiday atmosphere with excellent five star facilities and attentive service.
The mythical realm of King Minos, blessed by the Gods of the sun and the sea, is today as proud as a fortress and as welcoming as an embrace. It is also home to a sumptuous palace that makes an ideal destination for any type of holiday. At the Aldemar Knossos Royal, time moves at a different pace; in elegant and comfortable rooms with incomparable views, in the azure sea and crystal-clear pools, at superb sports facilities and matchless restaurants, the pleasure and relaxation never end. This lovely hotel is located in the area of Anissaras which is approximately two and a half kilometres from Hersonissos. This hotel is a member of Green Globe.
Aldemar Knossos Royal in Crete has been awarded a TripAdvisor ‘Certificate of Excellence’ for 2014 that honours fantastic hospitality and service.
Double bedded rooms (with extra bed or sofa), bath/shower, satellite TV, telephone, hairdryer, wifi internet connection (free of charge, up to 50mb per day/per device), fridge, safe box, air conditioning (mid May through to October) and a balcony or terrace with mountain view. Twin bedded rooms with sea front view, family rooms with inland view, double bedded rooms with sea view and single rooms with inland or sea view are also available at a supplement.
Royal Villas: Junior suites with shared pool, one bedroom suites with side sea view and maisonettes with side sea view are also available at a supplement.
- 24 hour reception
- Traditional Greek Ouzo bar
- Air conditioning
- Free use of safe boxes
- Panorama piano bar
- Pool bar
- Seaside beach bar
- Wireless internet access in common areas and rooms (up to 200mb per day/per device)
- Two shopping arcades
- Mini market
- Conference centre
- Currency exchange
- Laundry service / dry cleaning service
- Luggage service and room
- Beach towels (with coupon)
- Car, motorbike and bicycle hire. Please note some amenities are payable locally.
Villas restaurant serving breakfast for the Villas, Main restaurant for dinner and buffet style theme nights including Italian and Greek. International and local delicatessen on special exclusive corners of the main restaurant. 'Fontana Amorossa' gourmet restaurant with lobster night and taverna 'Artemis' with Greek cuisine. Self service restaurant and pizzeria. Dress code: smart casual. Separate children's restaurant.
- Evening programmes and shows by our animation team at the open air amphitheatre (weather permitting)
- Large screen TV and DVD room
- Games room
- Bridge room
- Theme nights (upon reservation)
- Daily entertainment options (live music programme, disco night, beach party etc)
- Work out programmes with fitness instructors
- Dance competitions
- Traditional Greek dance lessons
- Cooking lessons
- Children's pool
- Children's menu
- Babysitting (on request, payable locally)
- Children's Aldy mini club (4-7yrs & 8-12 yrs) with animation and entertainment team as well as Maxi junior club
- Children's show time
- Entertainment activities
- Adventure playground/children's house
- Video shows
- Baby cot
- Play pen
- Push chairs.
- Two outdoor pools (seawater)
- Indoor pool
- Deck chairs and umbrellas by pool and beach
- Water slide
- Beach with life guard
- Open air amphitheatre
- Mini golf (free of charge)
- Table tennis (free of charge)
- Tennis court (free in daylight hours)
- Tennis school
- Fitness centre
- Water sports/diving centre (under separate management)
- Diving school (PADI)
- Gym (free of charge)
- Sauna (payable locally)
- Special athletic tournaments (basketball, mini football, beach volleyball etc)
- 7 red clay tennis courts (located next to the hotel) with Club House, floodlights, sports equipment shop and professional coaching.
Meals Breakfast: served in the main restaurant, early continental breakfast 07.00-07.30 (to be ordered in advance), American style buffet 07.30-10.00, late continental breakfast served at the snack bar 10.00-11.00.
Lunch buffet served in the beach restaurant 12.30-14.30 (May to September, reservation required) or snack bar 12.30-15.00.
Dinner: served in the main restaurant 18.30-21.00 buffet style with 2 theme buffets weekly. Taverna Artemis with Greek dinner menu open 19.00-21.30 upon reservation, once per stay.
Gala dinner with live music (mid May to end of September) upon reservation, once per stay.
Snacks: Light buffet with a variety of hot & cold snacks and ice-cream from 11:00-17:00 and coffee hour with pastries & cakes 16:00-17:00 at Manitari bar, Light snacks buffet from 16:00-18:00.
Drinks: Drinks during meals include water, local wine, beer, soft drinks and juice. Manitari Bar open 11.00-17.30, Snack Bar 10.30-18.00, Pool Bar 10.30-18.00, Main Bar 18.00-00.00 and Night Club 22.30-01.00 (Apr, May & Oct), Traditional Kafeneio 17.30-23.00 (end May to end September) serving tea, filter coffee, espresso, cappucino, water, soft drinks, local wine, local draught beer, tropical cocktails, fruit juice, listed tropical cocktails, local alcoholic drinks metaxa, ouzo, raki, brandy international branded alcoholic drinks and spirits; liqueur, gin, vodka, rum, tequila and whiskey. Drinks may vary between bars.
Entertainment & Activities: Open disco (Jun-Sept) 22.30-01.00 occasionally at the Main Bar, beach party (Jun-Sept) every week, canoes and pedalos, animation and sports activities. For Children: Aldy's mini restaurant dinner buffet.