Elounda Mare Hotel
A combination of superb service and breathtaking views, guaranteeing a memorable holiday
The Elounda Mare Hotel, a member of the Relais & Chateaux hotel group since 1988, is set in beautiful grounds with breathtaking views of the Mirabello bay. This exquisite hotel with a main building and bungalows has been carefully designed to exude an air of ambience and privacy, with each bungalow having its own private heated seawater pool. The excellent service and idyllic location make the Elounda Mare a great choice. The hotel has been awarded the EU Blue Flag for clean and safe waters.
Olympic Rating: 5 Star
Official Rating: 5 Star
Twin rooms in the main building with air conditioning, telephone, in house music, mini fridge/bar, satellite TV with music channel, safety deposit box, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers and scales, approx 30m2 of indoor space, sitting area, most bathrooms have separate walk-in shower and a balcony with sea view. One bedroom superior suites with approx 50-70m2 of indoor space, separate living room with dividing door and separate walk-in shower with sea view, superior bungalows with approx 35-55m2 of indoor space, some have separate living room with en-suite second shower/wc with private pool , two bedroom superior bungalows with sea view. With approx 90m2 of indoor space, separate living room with dividing door, some bungalows have two floors (maisonette), each bedroom has an en-suite marble bathroom and they are all decorated with antiques with a private garden and a private seawater swimming pool (heating available on request), one bedroom suites with approx 42m2 of indoor space with a separate bedroom, sitting room and a balcony with sea view situated in the main building, deluxe bungalows with approx 30-45m2 of living space, antiques are incorporated in the traditional individual design of each bungalow with a twin room, extra sitting space some with dividing door between the bedroom and the living room, a private garden with terrace and a private seawater swimming pool and single rooms with sea view are also available at a supplement upon request.
Please note heating for private pools in low season incurs a local charge payable to the hotel
- 24 hr reception
- 24 hr room service
- Boutiques/gift shop/newsagent
- Hairdresser (available at the Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort)
- Air conditioning
- Afternoon maid service
- Mini bar
- Free use of gym
- Free use of sauna
- Free use of safe boxes
- Free Wifi
The Deck restaurant serves buffet breakfast and a la carte dinner. The Yacht Club is an a la carte restaurant open daily for lunch as well as certain evenings in the week alternating with the Old Mill restaurant where guests can enjoy an a la carte dinner and flambe dishes. A special theme event, 'the Fish Night' takes place at the Yacht Club. At the Old Mill restaurant, snacks and afternoon tea can be enjoyed under the shade of carob and olive trees. Dress code: smart casual. Outdoor restaurants during low season are subject to weather conditions.
Optional Extra - "Dine Around"
The Dine Around is for a la carte dinners at the following restaurants
- "Yacht Club" at Elounda Mare Hotel (Fish night excluded)
- "Deck Restaurant" at Elounda Mare Hotel
- "Calypso" at Elounda Peninsula All Suites Hotel
- "Aglio & Olio" at Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort
- "Cretan Night" at Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort
- "Old Mill" at Elounda Mare hotel
- "Koh" at Elounda Peninsula All Suites Hotel
- Valid for adults only (over 12 years old)
- Guests are entitled to a three course dinner, choosing from a selection of the a la carte Menu.
- Drinks and certain dishes are excluded.
- For all restaurants, a reservation is required, at least 24 hours in advance. Otherwise acceptance of reservation will depend on availability.
- At Calypso restaurant and at Old Mill, children under 12 years old are not allowed. Babysitting can be arranged on request.
- Free transfer to the sister hotels is included
- In case any of the restaurants is not in operation during the guests' stay, they will be entitled to have dinner in another restaurant of our hotels.
- Child restrictions may apply at two of the a la carte restaurants. This is at Calypso restaurant of Elounda Peninsula All Suite Hotel and at the Old Mill of Elounda Mare Hotel. Guests are requested, at the time of a dinner reservation for the above restaurants, to enquire if children under 12 may accompany the parents.
- Children that accompany the parents at a la carte restaurants can choose a dish from the children's menu and the guest's bill will be charged.
- Elegant attire is required for dinner in all restaurants (t-shirts and shorts are not allowed).
- Special evenings, pianist in bar during aperitif and live music in the a la carte restaurants.
- Children's seawater paddling pool
- Babysitting (upon request)
- High chairs available.
- Sea water swimming pool & private beach
- Table tennis
- Water sports
- Tennis court (artificial grass)
- Fitness room
- Six Senses Spa treatments
- Steam bath
- Nine hole golf course Par 3 (with complementary shuttle service) with Golf Academy run by Golf Pro, Pro Shop and Six Senses Spa at sister hotel Porto Elounda Golf and Spa Resort situated five hundred metres away.
Sense of Greece
3 Hours 30 Minutes
a) Body Exfoliation with Cretan Olive Stones - 45 minutes - A re materializing experience emphasizing total relaxation and ultimate nurturing, the treatment includes a body exfoliation, a mask application and a massage with a soothing cream that leaves your skin nourished and lustrous.
b) Marine Body Wrap - 30 minutes - Combining the richness of sea plants, algae and plant essences this treatment is deeply detoxifying at all levels.
c) Mediterranean Antioxidant Facial Therapy with Bio Olive and Tomato - 60 minutes - Olive extract has a valuable soothing, healing and moisturizing properties. Tomato has an antioxidant compound named lycopene protects from free radians and the formation of wrinkles. It is a beautiful facial suitable for all skin types.
d) Zeus Power Massage - 60 minutes - Invigorating massage with firming and toning oils.
e) Marine Salt Bath - 15 minutes - The botanical extracts in the Marine Salt work on body and mind to revitalize you mentally and physically. The perfect way to unwind yourself.
Sauna, steam bath, spa consultation, clearance juice served after every treatment.
Sense of Love
5 Hours (3 hours 20 minutes of treatments and 1 hour 40 minutes use of the private spa suite)
a) Six Senses Signature Massage - 80 minutes - Holistic massage: A free style therapeutic full body and scalp massage including face reflexology. For those with no specific concerns but in need of soothing and balancing results. Swedish Massage: A classical tailor made massage in order to focus on your problematic areas.
b) Six Senses Signature Facial - 60 minutes - Indulge your skin and senses in the aromatic journey of relaxation to cleanse, hydrate and soften skin. Your massage is enhanced with a lifting and firming booster for your skin to enjoy all day.
c) De Luxe Hand or Foot Treatment - 60 minutes - De luxe manicure: Your nails will be shaped and your cuticles tidied and hydrated, followed by a massage of the hands. Nail varnish is applied if requested. De luxe pedicure: Transform your feet with our nail and cuticle care, relax and enjoy a foot massage. Nail varnish is applied if requested.
d) Light Champagne Lunch - Enjoy a light lunch in the spa or in one of the unique restaurants.
Sauna, steam bath, spa consultation, Energy juice served after every treatment.
4 Hours 45 Minutes
a) Consultation - 30 minutes - A full consultation would be taken as ayurveda is the most ancient science of life. It not only aims to cure the disease but at the same time aims to maintain the health of the healthy individual.
b) Abyang - 120 minutes - In the whole body warm therapeutic oils flows and contribute to the nutrition of the cells and the invigoration for the circulatory system.
c) Padhabyang - 45 minutes - The marma (vital) paints are massaged and give energy to you 'Dasha for life'. It is a very helpful treatment for people with insomnia, fatigue, cramps and stress.
d) Shirobyang - 45 minutes - A traditional therapy of great importance. With the appropriate oil for the scalp, head and forehead, the massage is done by the flow of oil. It is a lovely treatment for hair loss, headaches and neck syndrome.
e) Shirodhara - 45 minutes - A form of ayurveda medicine that involves gently pouring liquids over the forehead (third eye). The name comes from the Sanskrit word Shiras 'head and chkra flow'.
Spa 'Free Will' Vouchers*
Six Senses Spa 'Free Will' 300 Euro
Including complimentary Classic Manicure (duration depending on choice of treatments).
Six Senses Spa 'Free Will' 500 Euro
Including complimentary Express Apivita Facial (duration depending on choice of treatments).
Six Senses Spa 'Free Will' 600 Euro
Including complimentary Indian Head Massage (duration depending on choice of treatments).
Notes & conditions:
1) * 'Free Will' Vouchers: Guests have the opportunity to form their own package based on their personal needs by selecting treatments and therapies from the rich a la carte menu.
Guests to contact the spa directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and the spa consultant will create a tailor-made programme.
2) All treatments include a consultation, free use of sauna, steam, thalasso therapy pool and complimentary Six Senses Ginger Tea.
3) Spa consultation should be taken within 24 hours upon arrival at resort.
4) Treatments included in spa journeys may be taken at intervals.
5) Note that any treatment between 50-60 min is counted as 1 hour.
6) Guests will be required to complete a 'life-style' consultation form on arrival for any treatments taken while visiting the spa. Spa consultation hosts reserve the right to propose alternative treatments should they feel that the treatment chosen may not be suitable for the guest.
7) Rates are only available for treatments in the spa (a surcharge applies for in-accommodation treatments).
8) Rates are on a per person basis, except 'Sense of Love' which is per couple.