A modern, well maintained hotel that overlooks the beach.
The Mediterraneo Hotel is a modern complex offering panoramic sea views from its elevated position overlooking the beautiful bay of Hersonissos. Here guests are afforded peace and privacy following a warm welcome from the friendly, helpful staff. Rooms are elegant and comfortable and kept spotlessly clean.
In the grounds, two fabulous large swimming pools are directly surrounded by gardens and terraces for sunbathing. The grass parasols lend a distinctly tropical air to the scene and provide shade to protect against the heat when the sun is at its highest. Cool off even more with refreshing drinks from the bar close by. If you've a passion for poolside posing, shape up in the fitness room, or factor in friendly competition with fellow guests in a game of volleyball or tennis on the hotel's own courts. There is even a five-a-side football pitch to debut your dribbling skills. Reaction time rivalry can be played out with air hockey (payable locally), table football (payable locally) or table tennis until the calming clunk of cue contacting billiard ball mellows the mood. When the grown ups chill out after their exertions, children can, too, in their own swimming pools ... or maybe they're still burning off energy in the playground.
Many small sand and shingle beaches are within a few minute's walk and the bars, restaurants, tavernas and shops in the centre of Hersonissos are also within easy reach. If an excursion into the cosmopolitan resort of Heraklion takes your fancy, taxis and public transport can be reached in a 10-15 minute walk.
Twin bedded rooms sleep 2/3 people with air conditioning (15/06-15/09 included, other periods payable locally), satellite TV, safety deposit box (payable locally), fridge (free of charge), telephone, hairdryer and a private bathroom with bath or shower with side sea view. Junior suites sleep 2/4 have a separate bedroom with a double bed and a room with single beds, fridge and inland view, one bedroom suites sleep 2/5 with a private pool and single rooms with inland or sea view are also available at a supplement. Please note that this accommodation is unsuitable for those with walking difficulties.
- 24 hour reception
- Fridge in rooms
- Safe boxes (payable locally)
- Dining room
- Pool bars serving drinks and snacks
- Poolside sun beds and umbrellas
- Air conditioning (15/06 - 15/09)
- Internet corner (payable locally)
- Free WiFi in public areas*
- Souvenir Shop
- Mini Market
- Satellite TV
- Laundry service on request
- Car parking
- Money exchange facility
- ATM inside hotel.
Cretan entertainment nights twice per week (from mid May until end of September, depending on conditions and availability).
- Two children's pools
- Mini water park (with a new small pool with water games, open 15/05-10/10)
- Baby buggies for hire (payable locally)
- Children's playground.
- Two swimming pools
- New Water Park with 2 water slides for adults and a separated pool with water games for children. (Operating period 15th May – 15th October. Dependant on weather conditions).
- Fitness room
- Wellness Room including, massage, sauna, Jacuzzi and steam bath with several programmes (payable locally)
- Games room (payable locally)
- Billiards (payable locally)
- Table tennis
- Table hockey (payable locally)
- Table football (payable locally)
- 5-a-side football pitch
- Tennis court
- Volleyball court.