Apostolata Island Resort and Spa
Natural products for pampering create an atmosphere of infinite relaxation at the Apostolata Island Resort & Spa, on a hillside with panoramic sea views.
The infinity pool really does seem to go on forever with its own breathtaking views of the sea at the Apostolata Island Resort & Spa, in Skala, Kefalonia.
On a hillside which slopes gently to the sea, offering a wonderful panorama, the hotel has superb accommodation, complemented by a spa where guests can luxuriate in rejuvenating therapies and pure pampering.
The spa treatments feature natural and organic skin and body care products from Australian brand LI’TYA, based on Aboriginal medicines and created from plants, flowers and fruits, Tasmanian sea kelp, mother of pearl and essential oils, with services including massage, body and facial therapies, sauna, hammam, manicure and pedicure, and a Jacuzzi. There is also a gym and tennis courts.
Recommended as an ideal hotel for guests of all ages, the Apostolata Island has a children's seawater pool, a playground, and a club for ages four to 12, as well as providing high chairs and baby cots.
Just four kilometres from the charming resort of Skala, where there are excellent amenities and a vast stretch of sand and shingle beach with sparkling, turquoise waters, the resort is also close to nesting grounds of loggerhead sea turtles. While guests can take advantage of a complimentary bus service to Poros, hiring a car can help in the exploration of the beautiful surrounding area.
The hotel’s excellent restaurants and bars offer Greek and international cuisine, including Italian and Asian, with show cooking and theme nights and a health corner, and the live evening entertainments also feature Greek, Ionian and Italian themes.
The comfortable rooms all have air conditioning, satellite TV, a telephone, toiletries, direct-dial telephone, a mini refrigerator and a balcony or terrace.
Olympic Rating: 4 Star Plus
Official Rating: 5 Star
Twin bedded rooms sleep maximum 2 persons with bath or shower, air conditioning, direct dial telephone (payable locally), satellite TV, internet access/WiFi, mini bar (payable locally), one bottle of water per stay upon arrival, safety deposit box (payable locally, free of charge in suites only), hairdryer and balcony or terrace with inland view. Twin rooms with Sea view are also available.
Superior rooms with Sea View sleep maximum 3 persons includes tea and coffee making facilities, fruits and wine on arrival, mini fridge and a balcony or terrace with magnificent sea view. Superior rooms with Shared pool are also available.
Family rooms with Sea View sleep maximum 4 persons have a separate sleeping area with a semi partition wall between the sleeping areas.
Suites with Sea View sleep maximum 3 persons and Suites with shared pools are also available.
Superior rooms and suites also receive slippers, bathrobes and bathroom amenities.
Please note: The hotel complex is made up of several different blocks on different levels and there are steps leading down to the pool area, making it unsuitable for those with walking difficulties. There are 65 steps leading down to the pool area from reception.
- 24 hour reception
- Air conditioning (free of charge)
- Fridge in rooms (mini bar on request payable locally)
- Free use of gym
- Safe boxes (payable locally, free of charge in Suites)
- Tea and coffee making facilities in rooms
- Free use of tennis courts (daytime, twin and family rooms 3 times per week, superior rooms, and suites unlimited)
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Free WiFi in rooms
- Conference room
- Luggage room
- TV lounge
- Room service (payable locally)
- Currency exchange
- Laundry service (payable locally)
- Two complimentary golf carts available for getting around the hotel complex
- Free shuttle bus to Poros.
- Infinity swimming pool (seawater)
- Deck chairs, umbrellas and towels (against a refundable deposit) by the pool
- Two tennis courts (ball and rackets free of charge, floodlights courts payable locally when lights are in use)
- Sun terrace
- Large screen satellite television
- Fitness centre
- Table tennis
- Health club/spa with massage treatments, body therapies, facial therapies, wellness centre, sauna, hammam, manicure/pedicure, Jacuzzi with indoor heated whirlpool (payable locally).
- Sea Pearl Main Restaurant operated for breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet style with Greek and international cuisine. With special theme nights three times per week (Italian, Ionian and Greek), show cooking, Greek corner and a health corner
- Zephyros Restaurant a la carte (payable locally)
- Ostrako Restaurant a la carte (reservation required, payable locally)
- Gelateria serving home made ice cream and a variety of desserts (payable locally)
- Ionian Emerald Lounge Bar (17.00-01.00, high season 11.00-01.00)
- Sunrise Pool Bar (10.00-18.00)
Meals: Meals are buffet style served in the Sea Pearl Restaurant, including appetizers, starters, soups, salads, main courses and desserts with show cooking based on Hellenic and Mediterranean cuisine. Dinner 19.00-21.30 with three themed buffet evenings a week (Italian, Ionian & Greek). Alternative dinner dining available at the a la carte Ostrako Restaurant 19.30-22.30 with a set menu of soups, salads, main dishes and desserts (once per week, reservation required, restaurant available 5 days a week). Drinks: Ionian Emerald Lounge Bar 11.00-00.00 (at the reception area) serving soft drinks, juices, water, Local spirits and liqueurs, draught & local bottled beer, local bottled wine and cocktails. Sunrise Pool Bar 10.30-18.00 (at the main pool) serving soft drinks, juices, water, Local spirits and liqueurs, local beer, and wine and cocktails. Entertainment & leisure activities and facilities: face or oil massage (once per week for guests staying in suites only, reservation required 3 days in advance).