Grecotel Kos Imperial Thalasso
A luxury hotel of timeless elegance on the island of Kos
The Grecotel Kos Imperial Thalasso is a water palace evoking the welcome cool of the Aegean breeze. Secluded on a 100,000m2 estate, dotted with infinity pools, Dream Villas and terraces with sweeping sea views, the Grecotel Kos Imperial Thalasso is a celebration of life amidst lagoon pools, waterfalls and exotic island gardens cascading to the beach’s edge. At Hippocrates’ birthplace rejuvenate with the healing properties of seawater at the luxurious Elixir Thalasso Spa.
Kos Town is only 4 kms away and here one can find archaeological remains, shops, banks and plenty of nightlife. The island of Kos is ideal for walking holidays, biking (it is the only Aegean island with dedicated cycle paths on most roads), visits to archaeological sites including the Asklipeos where Hippocrates taught.
The hotel lies directly on a pebble beach, organised with umbrellas, sunbeds, beach towels, showers and changing cabins (free of charge). The resort boasts a choice of 6 amazing pools.
Olympic Rating: 5 Star
Official Rating: 5 Star
All rooms feature a balcony or terrace, bathroom with shower, hairdryer, direct dial telephone, satellite TV, bathrobes/slippers, air conditioning, fridge, electronic safe and free wi-fi.
Double room garden view sleeps up to 3. Side sea view and sea views are also available. (only available until 31st October 2019).
Bungalow Garden View (33m2) sleep 2/3 and are also available with a pool or sea view.
Petit Family Bungalow (36m2) sleeps 2/4 and please note that the maximum age of children allowed in this room type is 9 years. Petit Family Rooms are also available with the same child age restriction.
Family Rooms (50m2) sleep 2/4.
Twin Room Garden view (31m2) sleep 1/3. Side sea views and sea views are also available and both sleep 2/3.
GRECOBABY: The solution to travelling with babies & tots! Pre arrival order of baby equipment. Free of charge: • Baby cot • Trainer step • Bottle warmer • Bottle sterilizer • Kettle (water boiler) • Highchairs (only in restaurants). • Bouncy chair • Changing mat • Baby monitor (available upon request). Extra Charge: • Bath tub • Potty • Toilet trainer seat • Pushchair/Buggy.
GRECOLAND: Regular supervised hours children 4-12 yrs. during the whole season, 6 times per week. • Children’s playground, games, competitions, family shows & kids disco, culinary lessons and creative activities, etc. • Baby-sitting (on request, set rates) • Children under 4 yrs. are welcomed to use the Grecoland facilities, but must be supervised at all times by parent or guardian.
GRECOTEENS: activities for teenagers 13-17 yrs. (from mid June – mid September). Beach Volleyball, Beach Soccer, Entertainment Programmes.
DISCOVERY ADVENTURES: For children 7-14 yrs., by the specially trained multilingual Grecoland team. Stimulating new activities include: • Hotel alternative gardening and culinary lessons • Create stuff from things that you may think are junk • Star-gazing through telescope and much more. The Discovery Adventure programme may vary due to weather & number of participants (free of charge). include: • Hotel alternative gardening and culinary lessons • Create stuff from things that you may think are junk • Star-gazing through telescope and much more. The Discovery Adventure programme may vary due to weather & number of participants (free of charge).
TASTY CORNER: tempting food and drinks exclusively for kids 3- 12 yrs. from 11.00 to 17.00 (free of charge). 11:00- 17:00 (at Grecoland): • Snacks • Fresh Fruit • Cakes and Biscuits • Fruit Juices • Water. Lunch: 12:30-14:00 (at Restaurant): Hot dishes include: • Soups • Assorted vegetables & Potatoes • Variety of Meats & Poultry • Fish • Pizza • Pasta • Homemade Beef Burgers. Cold dishes include: • Sun-kissed Salads • Desserts • Ice creams • Yoghurt • Fresh fruit • Cheese. The menus may vary according to season and numbers of children. Kids’ menus are available at à la carte restaurants (on request, extra charge).
P R E M I U M P L U S
- Sport: Free use of tennis court, floodlight with equipment, aerobic, step aerobics, water aerobic
- Water sports: Snorkelling equipment
- Evening Entertainment: Professional entertainment shows.
- Live dance groups and live music.
- Daily Entertainment: Professional entertainment program during the day, e.g.:
Keep-fit, aerobics, water gymnastics, beach volleyball, water polo, darts, table tennis, boccia
- GRECOLAND: For our smaller guests from 3-6 and 7-12 years old, supervision for a few hours, morning / afternoon during the whole season.
- CLUB 4 U: Teenager program from mid-June until mid-September in the morning and in the afternoon.
- Internet corner
- Buffet self-service, show cooking, waiter service for beverages
- Breakfast: 0730 – 1000 Full American Buffet 1000 – 1030 Late breakfast, continental
- Lunch: 1230 – 1530 Self service buffet style at the Main Restaurant OR the Self Service Pool Restaurant (weather permitting)
- Dinner: 1830 – 2130 Self-service buffet style and show cooking, different theme nights.
- During lunch and dinner the following beverages are inclusive: water, soft drinks, beer, and selected wine.
Other Food & Beverage outlets:
- Pool Cafeteria:With waiter service1030 – 1800
- Coffee, soft drinks, water , snacks, cakes, ice cream, beer, selected alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks.
- Beach bar: (weather permitting) With waiter service 1030 – 1800
Coffee, soft drinks, water, beer, wine, selected alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks
- Lobby Bar: With waiter service1730 – 0100
Soft drinks, water, beer, wine, selected alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks, cocktails & punchbowl, long drinks, hot beverages.2330 – 0000
- Midnight snack (self service)
- A la Carte Restaurant (weather permitted): With waiter service 1900 – 2200
Once per stay dinner a la carte with prior reservations to maitre d’ hotel. Selected food and drinks are included
NOTE: THE PREMIUM PLUS SERVICES END AT 5 P.M. ON THE DEPARTURE DAY
- “Colonial” Lounge Bar
- Lobby Lounge Terrace
- ‘’Lagoon’’ Main Restaurant
- ‘’The Pavilions’’ Gourmet à la carte restaurant
- ‘’Corals’’ Self Service Taverna
- ‘’Corals’’ Pool Bar
- ‘’Pirates of the Aegean’’ Fish Specialty Beach Restaurant (depending on weather conditions)
- ‘’Tritons’’ Beach Bar
- Salons/ Lounges / Terraces
- TV-Video Room
- Internet Corner
- Card Room
- Billiard Room
- Elixir Thalasso Spa
- Free wifi access in all hotel public areas (lobby, restaurants, pools and beach).
- Car Rental Desk in hotel
- Bus Stop: In front of the Hotel
- Taxi Service on request
- Hotel shops include mini market, jewellery shop & hairdresser.
- Money exchange
- Conference room
- American Buffet with fitness food and Local Corner with traditional products •
- Late Continental Breakfast LUNCH: Buffet (self-service) in the ‘’Corals’’ Buffet Restaurant or la carte in the ‘’Pirates of the Aegean’’ Fish Specialty Beach Restaurant (high season, depending on weather conditions).
- “Lagoon” Main Restaurant: 5 course meal - Soup, hot & cold starters, salads, main courses, cheese and desserts from wide choice at the buffet.
- Waiter service on request for main course.
- Weekly theme evenings in main restaurant are included at no extra charge for guests on half/full board •
- Show cooking
- A la carte dinner in the “The Pavillions” and “Pirates of the Aegean” à la carte Restaurants (depending on weather conditions,
reservations required, extra charge).
Please Note: Guests who wish to eat à la carte at the à la carte restaurants instead of taking their pension meal will be given a price reduction on their food bill.
Daytime: Resort Casual. Cover-ups are required for breakfast and lunch. Footwear is required in restaurants & bars at all times.
Evening: Elegant casual attire. No beachwear or shorts in the evening. Gentlemen: Long trousers and shirts with sleeves (short or long) in all restaurants & bars.
ROOM SERVICE: 07:30 - 02.00 at an extra charge.
Sports & Entertainment
FREE OF CHARGE:
- Daytime activities:
- Morning gym
- Water gym
- Water polo
- Beach games
- Beach volley
- Table tennis
- and other events
- Tennis: 2 courts (Astroturf), floodlit, instruction available.
- Watersports: Watersports school, Windsurfing, Banana, Pedal
boat, Scuba Diving Centre with training programmes
and special dives, Water-ski, Canoes, Rings and Jetski
- Mountain Bike: Bike rental and servicing in Kos Town •
- Atelier studio: T-shirt & silk painting.
- Folklore dance show
- Live hotel band
- Piano player