The Romanos Costa Navarino
A luxury, award winning hotel with exceptional dining experiences.
The Romanos, a luxury collection resort, is an exceptional award winning property stretching along the prime destination of Mediterranean, Navarino Dunes at Costa Navarino.
Enjoy the wonderful scenery within the extensive grounds with olive groves, indigenous trees and plants as well as golf landscapes next to the sparkling turquoise waters of the Dunes Beach. This is the perfect location for unrivaled relaxation within the 321 incomparable rooms and suites of The Romanos Resort, offering unique garden, golf and sea views, iconic sunset backdrops of the Ionian Sea and memorable experiences to last a lifetime.
Olympic Rating: 5 Star Plus
Official Rating: 5 Star
Deluxe rooms sleep 2/3 with air conditioning, fridge, safety deposit box, afternoon maid service, a private bathroom with bath or shower and a private balcony or terrace with garden view. Deluxe rooms sleep 2/3 with sea view, double bedded rooms (infinity room) sleep 2/3 with private pool, one bedroom suites (grand suite) sleep 2/4 with garden view, one bedroom suites (grand infinity suites) sleep 2/4 with private pool and single deluxe rooms with sea view are also available at a supplement.
Please note all 3rd beds in rooms are roll away beds.
- 24 hr reception
- 24 hr concierge service
- Wifi (free of charge in lobby area)
- The Agora marketplace with with restaurants, bars, cafes, open air cinema and a traditional Greek amphitheater
- Laundry service
- Luggage service.
Some amenities are payable locally.
Half Board and Dine Around are available at a supplement.
Please note: Eleon restaurant does not accept children younger than 10 years old. Dine Around may not be available during the whole season.
Restaurants & Bars
- Pero Restaurant: Wake up to a wide range of healthy, sustainable and locally produced products on our breakfast buffet, including traditional Greek yogurt, honey and pastries. Breakfast from 07.30-11.00 and buffet dinner from 19.00-22.00.
- Eleon Restaurant: Savor superb freshly-caught fish, inspired dishes, a magnificent selection of appetizers and delightful salads - based on the seasonal bounty of fresh, locally sourced ingredients, at Eleon restaurant. For utmost privacy, barbeque pit dining options are also provided, under the attentive gaze of our chefs. Serving dinner from 19.00-23.00.
- Taverna Restaurant*: Discover authentic Greek flavors at “Taverna” restaurant, a casual quality dining concept based on simple homemade-style dishes, prepared with great care and pride. A culinary experience consisting from the freshest local produce found in the area and cooked with traditional Messinian and Greek recipes. “Taverna”, simplicity at its best! Dinner from 19.00-23.00.
- Flame Restaurant: Classic and signature cuts, some exclusive, are served on large wooden platters, complemented by the freshest ingredients from carefully selected small-scale producers in the surrounding area. Many of the specialty herbs and vegetables are handpicked by our chefs, direct from the restaurant’s purpose-built gardens. Open for lunch from 12.00-17.30, dinner from 19.00-23.00 and beverages served from 08.00-23.00.
- Da Luigi Restaurant*: From the Alps to Sicily, the creativity and diversity of Italian cuisine is vividly portrayed with an antipasti buffet, à la carte selections and traditional pizza-making. An Italian experience that can be combined with the time-honored Greek tradition of outdoor cinema, as you savor your meal while watching a film on the Agora Cinema screen. Open for dinner from 19.00-23.00.
- Barbouni Restaurant*: Located next to the crystal clear blue waters of Ionian Sea and on The Dunes Beach, Barbouni offers a wide selection of healthy sandwiches, freshly caught fish and tasteful snacks. Enjoy delicious freshly caught fish complemented by chilled Greek wines or refreshments. The name Barbouni is Greek for "red mullet", one of the valued fish in antiquity, this Mediterranean delicacy could very well be on the menu as the Catch of the Day. Lunch from 12.00-17.00 and beverages served 11.00-18.00.
- The Diner: Experience the timeless appeal of a 1960’s-style American diner offering grilled favorites cooked to order and extra thick milkshakes. A full afternoon entertainment awaits in an authentic setting to the music of the rock-and-roll years, with ten-pin bowling, pool, video games and an indoor cinema. Beverage served 11.00-18.30.
- Souvlakerie: Serving traditional Greek souvlaki wrapped in grilled pita bread with garnishes or threaded on small wooden skewers, accompanied by golden fries cooked in Messinian extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled with hand-picked oregano, plus a choice of favorite Greek dishes. Conveniently located in the Agora, the Souvlakerie has tables indoors and outdoors to enjoy the most popular of Greek snacks at any time of day. Open from 13.00-20.00.
- Inbi Restaurant*: Inbi is a fusion Japanese restaurant, offering exceptional tastes, unsurpassed quality and a journey through time. The ethos behind Inbi is the respect of the Japanese tastes and traditions, combined with a sense of style and class, delivering the intimate dining experience. Inbi brings you all the specialties of a quality sushi restaurant with a cosmopolitan ambiance as well as unique cocktails in its wonderful lounge area. Dinner from 19.00-00.30 and the bar serving from 19.00-01.30.
- Nargile Restaurant*: The aromas, images and sounds of the Middle East come to life as your taste buds delight in the flat breads, salads and grills of fine Lebanese cuisine. Indulge your senses with an authentic shisha experience in an alluring Levantine atmosphere. Dinner from 19.00-01.00.
- Kayak Ice Cream Boutique: Centrally located in the Agora, the Kayak Boutique store acquaints visitors with the authentic taste of Greece’s renowned ice creams that stand out for their imaginative flavor combinations. The ice creams are freshly made with the highest quality ingredients, many of which are supplied locally. Open from 10.00-01.00.
- Romanos Pool Bar*: Enjoy cocktails and light snacks at the main pool bar of The Romanos Resort. Swim up to the bar under the warm Messinian sun for a glass of chilled Greek rosé wine, a cool summer cocktail or traditional local snacks prepared with the creative touch of our kitchen team. Lunch served from 12.00-17.00 and beverages served from 11.00-18.30.
- Anax Lounge: Enjoy your cocktail with unique views of the Ionian Sea. As day gently slips into night, soak up the sights and sounds of Costa Navarino from the Anax terrace, with panoramic sunset views of the Ionian Sea, enhanced by cocktail creations from our award-winning mixologist and a vast collection of sweet Greek wines by the glass. Open from 10.30-01.00.
- Kafenio & Deli: Stop by for a cool frappé over a game of backgammon or a traditional Greek coffee slowly brewed the time-honored way on hot ash. A glass of Retsina, ouzo or tsipouro at any time of day offers a gentle introduction to the Greeks’ irrepressible zest for the good life. Combine your coffee stop with a visit to the Deli and take home the taste of Messinia with natural products – such as honey, marmalades, mountain tea and olive oil – which also make novel gifts. Open from 11.00-22.00.
- 3 Admirals: Enjoy chilled beer and pool at our sports pub, 3 Admirals. Choose from a wide selection of Greek beers from Messinia’s unique microbrewery. Check which sporting events are being televised during your stay at Navarino Dunes and be sure to book the pool table! Open from 18.00-00.00.
*Restaurant has seasonal closures.
- Heated children's pool
- Two specially designed hubs for children, Cocoon & SandCastle. Cocoon addresses to our little toddlers up to the age of three, while SandCastle offers an extensive range of educational activities and overnight accommodation options for kids aged 4 to 12 years old.
- Three outdoor swimming pools
- Two indoor heated pools
- Two Jacuzzis
- Romanos health club
- Fitness centre
- Two signature golf courses (Dunes Course & Bay Course)
- Golf academy / lessons
- Navarino racquet academy
- Recreational centre including a basketball court, ten pin bowling, video arcades, cinema and table tennis.
- Anazoe Thalassotherapy Spa.
Some leisure activities are payable locally.
Relax at the 4,000 square meters Anazoe Spa and enjoy a herb blend of age - old rituals together with an exclusive oleotherapy treatment, based on ancient local practices that were discovered at the nearby Palace of Nestor.