Antalya is a Turkish resort city with a yacht-filled Old Harbor and beaches flanked by large hotels. It's a gateway to Turkey's southern Mediterranean region, known as the Turquoise Coast for its blue waters. Remnants remain from Antalya's time as a major Roman port.
Set in Antalya city, the Lara district is home to many five to seven star hotels, many of which are set in the Kundu area. Replicas of well-known places worldwide most of the hotels here bring Lara its name and fame as the "Turkish Vegas". Its famous Lara Beach is one of the longest brownish beaches in Turkey. A strip of land which pulls out to the Gulf of Antalya, Lara Beach is located just east of Antalya's rocky face, almost touching the Lower Duden Waterfall. All through the past years, tourists have learnt that vacationing in Lara Beach always means keeping promises of trendy beaches, natural splendours and classy accommodation, and so, it wouldn't be wrong of you to expect the superlative of Turkey's Riviera.
Who holidays in Lara?
Lara is ideal for those wanting a tranquil, relaxing holiday in a luxurious Mediterranean region.
The Antalya region of the south west corner of Turkey is a 400-mile sweep of white-sand beaches and secluded coves backed by the majestic pine-clad Taurus Mountain range and over time the natural beauty of the region has been enhanced by the development of some of Turkey's most upmarket resorts.
The charming resort of Side is where old and new meet with stunning results. Walking the narrow alleyways of this fascinating resort , steeped in history where there seems to be an archaeological sight around every corner is a delight. With a great beach and wide choice of bar and restaurants, Side also has a vibrant and sophisticated nightlife.
Situated between Side and Antalya City the resort of Belek is home to some of the best hotels in the region and its long ribbon of sandy beach make it the perfect place to spend sun filled days. Belek is also home to a number of world class golf courses.
Located just 12 kms east of the cosmopolitan capital of the region, Antalya City is Lara Beach which has a sandy beach and some of the region's most stylish hotels.
Antalya enjoys a four seasons climate. The average temperature is 30 degrees Celsius. Approximately 300 days of the year is sunny.
|Max Temp C||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct|
- The city of Antalya is famous for its jams and jellies
- Rugs and carpets
- Leather Goods
- Souvenir and gift items.
Things To Do
- The Olympos - Bay Mountains National Park in the province of Antalya in the Mediterranean region, for example, contains a wealth of flora and fauna, which are either endemic or relic distributions, in addition to important archaeological ruins.
- Golf in Belek - In recent years, since the golf facilities with international quality enter into service respectively, Turkey has become an elite golf center where golf players all around the world meet in an environment of delicacy, quality and prestige.
- Waterfalls - An excursion to Kursunlu waterfalls makes a refreshing change from the heat of the beach, and the Manavgat waterfalls and river are close by and well worth a visit.
- Diving - Various points of Antalya's coastline provide opportunities for diving.
Antalya Holidays - Excursions
Visit Side, an ancient harbour whose name meant pomegranate, a pretty peninsula with several ruins.
See the theatre of Aspendos, one of the best preserved of the ancient world, and still used for performances.