Terms & Conditions for Sixt
With the freedom a car gives you, you can see much more of your chosen destination and discover that corner you might otherwise have missed. All cars can be pre-booked from Olympic at the time of booking your holiday, or right up to 7 days before your departure. We have negotiated special low rates from companies that have been operating for years so that we can be sure that your car will be reliable and of good quality.
Terms & Conditions of Sixt Car Hire
- Excess amount payable for Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) for groups A, B, C is 380 euros + VAT and for all other groups 550 euros + VAT.
- Full Damage Waver (FDW) is optional and can be purchased (per day) at 10.00 euros for group A, B and C and 14.00 euros for all there groups. In this case, the excess amount becomes 200 euros for A,B,C group and 300 euros for all other groups. Local taxes/VAT are not included in the extra charges.
- None of the above insurances cover damages caused by infringement of the traffic law (i.e. violation of red light or STOP sign, illegal overtaking, driving under the influence of alcohol etc), as well as damage to tyres, mirrors, car parts underneath the vehicle and in the cabin.
Incident administration: in case of an accident due to the renter’s liability, then a non refundable fee of 15 euros + VAT is applicable to cover administration expenses.
For loss or damage of key, renter is liable for full charges: 60 euros + VAT for groups A, B, C and 100 euros + VAT for all other groups.
- Personal Accident Insurance (P.A.I.) is optional and payable directly by clients and can be bought at a daily charge of 5 euros per day. Local taxes/VAT are not included in the rate.
- All other insurances are optional, such as Theft protection at 6.00 euros for groups A, B and C and 8.00 euros for the other groups daily. Local taxes/VAT are not included in the rate. Additional driver fee is 3.50 euros per day plus VAT.
Gasoline (petrol) is not included. The vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel and must be refilled prior to car return (only with unleaded gasoline), otherwise a charge of gasoline* in addition to a refueling fee of 10,00 euros will apply.
*Depends on the valid average fuel cost. VAT is not included in the rate.
Minimum age of driver is 23 years old with driver’s license held for a minimum of 12 months (1year) for groups A, B,C and 25 years old for the other groups. Maximum age is 75 years old.
- Drivers 21-22 years old are subject to Young Drivers Surcharge of 20.00 euros + VAT per day.
- Delivery and/or collections is free of charge, with gratis 2 hours over multiple of 24 hrs rental. For any additional time client pays locally direct.
- Collection/Delivery is FREE (excluding Plakias which has a charge of 20 euros + VAT each way and Kefalos which has a charge of 14 euros + VAT each way, payable locally).
- Collection/Delivery between the hours of 21.30-07.00 has a charge of €20.00 + VAT (payable locally) for collection / return from the airport and €20.00 + VAT each way for delivery / collection from the accommodation.
Suburban towns over 80km from the nearest Sixt station: please contact the Central Reservation Department.
Night / After hours (according to our station list): 20,00 euros * (21:30-07:00)
*Is not valid for collection/delivery from/to Athens International Airport (Spata).
Incident Administration Fee
In case of an accident due to the renter’s liability, the renter has the obligation to pay a non refundable fee of 15.00 euros in order to cover administration expenses.
Administration Fee for fines
The renter is liable for the payment of all traffic fines that may occur during the car rental. In case the renter does not pay the fine(s) and Sixt intervenes to the procedure, there will be an Administration Fee for the fine of 20.00 euros additional to the fine’s cost.
Loss or damage of key
In case of loss or damage of car key during the rental, the driver is liable for the following charges:
a) 60.00 euros for car groups A, B C.
b) 100.00 euros for car for all other groups.
In case the renter returns the vehicle and its cabin has stains which require a special cleaning procedure (i.e. animal hair, sand etc on car seats or car floor or port baggage etc), an amount of 80.00 euros will become payable.
Ferrying the car
Ferrying the car is forbidden without an advanced written authorisation from Sixt Greece. In the case of ferrying the car between Greek islands the renter has to return the car to the pick-up station, otherwise all transportation costs will be charged to the renter. In case of an accident or mechanical problem, the car transportation back to the mainland (Sixt branch) is the renter’s responsibility and at the renter's expense.
Across the border rental
An advanced written authorisation from Sixt Greece is required as well as a valid personal credit card for guarantee. The cost for issuing the Green Card and International Road Assistance will be paid by the renter.
Please note that the prices contained on this page are to be used only as a guide and are subject to change. For the most up to date prices call us on 020 8492 6799 or e-mail us here.