Terms & Conditions for Cyprus & Greece
With the freedom a car gives you, you can see much more of your chosen destination and discover that corner you might otherwise have missed. All cars can be pre-booked from Olympic at the time of booking your holiday, or right up to 7 days before your departure. We have negotiated special low rates from companies that have been operating for years so that we can be sure that your car will be reliable and of good quality.
Olympic Car Hire Rates DO NOT Include:
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI), if you have not taken out Olympic Travel Insurance. This is optional and costs on average Euro 2.50 (about £1.70) per day in Greece and costs on average Euro 3 (approx. £2.40 per day) in Cyprus
- Petrol - your car will be delivered with a full tank. In Greece you must return the car with a full tank or you will be charged. In Cyprus you will be asked to pay for the petrol on delivery, but this means you do not have to worry about returning the car with a full tank.
- Car Hire, night delivery/collection (between 21:00 & 07:00) costs Euro 7 (approx. £5) in Greece. For Europcar bookings in Greece the cost is Euro 22 (excl. local taxes). There is no delivery /collection charge in Cyprus.
- Any fines incurred during your use of the car.
- Additional drivers are available - optional & payable locally (approx. Euro3.50 for Cyprus and Euro 2.00 for Greece)
- Tyres, windscreen, and oil pump are not covered by CDW but can be insured locally upon request at approx daily rate of Euro 2.75 - valid for Cyprus only.
- Theft protection is optional and payable locally at Euro 3.00 daily rate - valid for Greece only.
- Full Damage Waiver (FDW) that covers you fully against each accident is charged at approx Euro 6.90 daily approx. £6.00) - valid for Greece only.
- Roof Racks and child seats for Cyprus on request & payable locally at approx cost of Euro 3.00 per day (approx £2.50)
- Any local taxes and VAT on items above.
Conditions of Car Hire:
Cyprus: Drivers must have held a full licence for at least 3 years or be aged at least 25 years. Greece: On all islands the minimum age of drivers is 21 years, but for Corfu and Zante for cars in groups D and E this increases to 25 years. This is also applicable for all Europcar bookings in Greece.
The rates above apply only to cars pre-booked in the UK. Different rates may apply to cars hired in resort.
Child seats will comply with local laws but may not conform to British standards.
Car types are subject to change without notice.
Please note that the prices contained on this page are to be used only as a guide and are subject to change. For the most up to date prices or for more information about Terms & Conditions for Cyprus & the Greek Islands call us on 020 8492 6799 or e-mail us here.