Olympic Holidays is the award winning leading independent tour operator, we have been established for over 50 years. We are known for being a specialist operator providing quality holidays within Greece and Cyprus. Our portfolio of destinations covers a wide range of other short haul destinations. We pride ourselves on our commitment to Quality, Service and Value.
Head Office, 1 Torrington Park, North Finchley, London N12 9TB
You will work on ongoing projects within Olympic Holidays. This is a cross-functional role which impacts our customer base, travel Partners, technology and overseas functions. You will be responsible for seeing projects from start to completion in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Operations Director with the day to day running of departments both UK based and overseas
- Liaising with existing/potential suppliers to scope out new system developments and integrations
- Writing project proposals and briefs for developers, according to business requirements and company brand guidelines
- Maintaining communication with suppliers during ongoing project developments via email, telephone, face to face, as well as online tools such as Trello and Slack
- Tracking the progression of projects against set objectives and deadlines and proving regular updates to the senior management team
- Completing thorough testing before projects are launched, troubleshooting and reporting any system issues
- Facilitate smooth implementation of developments and integrations through staff training and workshops as well as creating comprehensive procedures and manuals for staff
- Ensure the company is maintaining a compliant status in terms of data protection, dealing with internal and external queries
- Managing client documentation via the content management system, ensuring information provided is up to date for the relevant products/services booked, liaising with developers to implement any changes to documentation in line with travel regulations or commercial decisions
- Troubleshooting and reporting any system issues related to client documentation and getting these resolved quickly
- Maintaining the telephone system to ensure that calls are routed into the business correctly and updating the system when changes are required
- Setting up new users on the telephone system
- Providing detailed reports for telephone stats and creating/updating reports for other members of staff
- Creating and maintaining internal staff procedures in relation to bookings, system processes, emergency procedures, GDPR etc.
- Maintaining cached data for scheduled airlines by providing regular updates to the supplier (Amadeus)
- Managing ticketing status for scheduled airline bookings, liaising with flight consolidators to ensure this is completed within ticketing deadlines
- This list is not exhaustive.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to express a message clearly and persuasively
- Ability to influence, inspire and lead to achieve objectives
- Seeing each project through from start to finish and understanding the requirements of each assignment
- Deliver and present regular analysis and KPI reporting, focusing on key learning’s, provide market context or future opportunities
- Preparing and proofreading documents.
- Strong understanding of project management principles, terminology, key success factors, and methods
- Consistently delivers against targets
- Proven ability of use of initiative.
Hours of Work
37.5 hour week, but flexibility to work evenings, weekends and Bank holidays required (time off in lieu as appropriate).
Pay & Benefits
- Salary discussed at interview, depending on experience
- 21 days paid holiday (plus Public Bank Holidays)
- Holiday concessions after 1 year
- Auto enrolment Pension Scheme
- Free eye examination at the local Specsavers
- Season ticket loan
- BUPA Health Care
The job responsibilities may, from time to time, be reviewed and amended in line with changing business requirements. The individual may also be required to assist other departments where the roles are suitable in line with an individual’s knowledge and skill set.
If you would like to apply, please email your applications to our HR Department.