Job Title: Resort Manager
Accountable to: Operations Manager
This position will be based in Greece for an Individual who enjoys working a fast, diverse and challenging environment. The overall responsibility for a designated gateway ensuring a smooth running operation maximising on guest’s holiday satisfaction and local income and minimising on expenditure in line with a set budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for office / administration set-up.
- Monitor performance of all administrational responsibilities.
- Assessing, Monitoring, Coaching and training team members to achieve maximum results in Customer Service questionnaires, excursion sales, customer satisfaction and company image in accordance with company targets and standards.
- Problem solving, offering advice, assistance and support to the team.
- Company image standards, in accordance with company policy including noticeboards / Information books / staff appearance and uniform / accommodation signs and other branding tools.
- Reconciliation of gateway accounts.
- Production of statistics and figures relating to Customer Service questionnaires / sales performance within the designated gateway.
- To communicate effectively with the team by means of written / verbal methods - including team meetings, training, appraisals and exist interviews
- The communication of any incidents to necessary departments in the UK.
- The investigation of guest complaints and written replies to the Customer Service Department.
- Monitoring and management of health and safety issues within resort.
- Delegation of duties, to senior members of the team.
- PR with suppliers / hoteliers and agents.
- Meetings with all above on a regular basis to ensure standards and quality of product are maintained at all times.
- You must hold a full UK Drivers License for a minimum of 12 months.
- Overall responsible for the office and administration set up
- Hospital visits when guests are admitted for medical reasons.
- Accompanying visiting company personnel and giving resort / island educationals.
- The completion of brochure descriptions ( when and if necessary )
- To accompany guests on court / official requested appearances.
- This list is not exhaustive.
- Minimum of 1 years experience as an Overseas Manager.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to any situation at any time
- Highly organised
- Positive approach and attitude
- Creativity and imagination
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to express a message clearly and persuasively
- Ability to influence, inspire and lead to achieve objectives
- Strong team player
- Ability to work flexible working hours
- Ability developing strong working relationships and gain trust and respect throughout the company and our external customers.
- Knowledge of overseas geographical regions
- Consistently delivers against targets
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience in retail or travel sector, desirable
Hours of Work
The role of a overseas resort manager is highly demanding and challenging role. Being an Olympic Holidays Manager is exciting, fun, challenging and a great deal of job satisfaction.
You must be available from April to October
Pay and Benefits
We believe that we offer one of the best remuneration and benefits packages for our overseas staff. You will receive:
- A basic monthly salary - paid directly into a UK bank account
- A Percentage override of team excursion sales, car hire, local lets and other company advised items.
- Provision of company transport (if necessary)
- Provision of company accommodation
- Company uniform
- Flights to and from UK
- Initial and ongoing training throughout the season
- Excellent career prospects
- Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Commission
The job responsibilities may, from time to time, be reviewed and amended in line with changing business requirements.
If you would like to join Olympic Holidays, please click here for an application form to apply for our overseas 2020 vacancies. This can be sent to us to the address below or emailed to our HR Department.
1 Torrington Park
North Finchley, London
To apply for our overseas 2020 vacancies – click here