Five of the best beaches in Zante
St Nicholas Beach, Vassilikos
St Nicholas Beach in Vassilikos is one of the best beaches on the island for water sports and scuba diving, therefore it can get busy during high season, so early arrival is recommended! St Nicholas is a great place to relax, with a bar serving food and drinks. Couples and families all love the golden sands where there are plenty of sunbeds to hire. There is also a free bus service which runs from most of the resorts throughout the summer.
The Bay Hotel & Suites nearby in Vassilikos provides an unforgettable experience in a unique setting for the perfect holiday.
- Best for: Water sports including scuba diving
- Accommodation near St Nicholas Beach
- Nearby amenities: Beach bars and cafes
Banana Beach, Casa Playa, Vassilikos
The stretch of golden sand found at Banana Beach, Casa Playa, Vassilikos is washed by shimmering waves, and bordered by rocky outcrops. It is the largest beach on the island and another great location for water sports. There are cabanas to hire as well as sunbeds and umbrellas. There is a free bus service which runs from Laganas, and there is also ample parking.
- Best for: Sunbathing and water sports
- Accommodation near Banana Beach
- Nearby amenities: Restaurants, taverns and cafes
Gerakas Beach, Gerakas
Gerakas Beach is one of Zante’s most unspoilt sandy beaches, in the southern bay. It attracts turtles as well as visitors looking for a stunning setting and beautiful sunsets. As a protected marine park area, where turtles lay their eggs, access can be restricted at night and there are none of the usual tourist facilities, although there is parking away from the cove.
- Best for: Turtle spotting, sunbathing, quieter location
- Accommodation near Gerakas Beach
- Nearby amenities: Parking
Porto Zoro Beach, Vassilikos
Porto Zoro Beach boasts clear waters for swimming and snorkelling which adds to the delight of a quiet, picturesque setting between Argassi and Vassilikos. The beach, set in a rocky cove, is a mixture of sand and shale and, despite its seclusion, there are sunbeds and umbrellas to hire, a beach bar, a bus service and parking.
- Best for: Swimming and snorkelling
- Accommodation near Porto Zoro Beach
- Nearby amenities: Beach bar and bus service
Kalamaki Beach, Bay of Laganas
Kalamaki Beach can be found in the Bay of Laganas and is great for plane-spotting because the resort is close to Zakynthos International Airport. These long, golden sands, which lead to the neighbouring Crystal Beach, are among the most popular areas for families with young children. Facilities are limited, and there is no access after sunset and before sunrise to protect nesting turtles, but the resort centre is close by. The beach is not far from the Kalamaki Beach Hotel which is a great choice for a relaxing holiday in a peaceful area in Zante.
- Best for: Plane spotting and families
- Accommodation near Kalamaki Beach
- Nearby amenities: Restaurants and bars