Alexander The Great Beach Hotel Paphos
Built on an archealogical site, offering a cultural environment with spectacular sunsets.
This long established award-winning hotel is positioned in a unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle and built on an archaeological site with tombs in the ground, all enhanced by spectacular sunsets. Setting out to be different, the hotel now offers an upgraded Half Board and Full Board option that includes the choice of 4 restaurants at no extra charge and selected drinks with every meal. The hotel offers professional entertainment as well as an excellent range of facilities in stylish and relaxing surroundings. The beach front has been awarded with the EU Blue Flag and is within walking distance from Paphos old harbour, 50 metres from the nearest shops and amenities and 150 metres from the resort centre and nightlife.
The Alexander the Great Beach Hotel with its elements of sophistication has earned three Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice awards for 2017, and ranks 9th among the Top 25 Hotels for Romance in Cyprus.
Olympic Rating: 4 Star
Official Rating: 4 Star
Deluxe rooms with air conditioning (May - October), central heating (November - April), double or twin beds, sitting area with 1 luxurious armchairs and a coffee table, direct dial telephone, 32inch Smart TV with international channels, radio, hair dryer, mini bar (payable locally), safety deposit box, tea and coffee making facilities (complimentary), a private bathroom with full length bath and overhead shower and with inland view and French Balcony. Deluxe rooms with side sea or sea view, superior rooms with sea view (only with double beds), family rooms with inland view (no balcony), cabana rooms with sea view and private garden, cabana rooms with sea view and private pool and single rooms with inland (no balcony) or sea view are also available at a supplement.
- Choice of four half board & full board restaurants including Roxanne's Restaurant, Garibaldi Italian Restaurant (adults only), Seven Orchids Restaurant, Limanaki Greek Tavern and Pella Pool Restaurant. Drinks included with meals
- Free WiFi in all areas of the hotel
- Outdoor entertainment venue (May - September weather permitting)
- Pool bar
- Alexander's main bar
- Health club & spa
- Fully equipped gym
- Large lobby and terrace with bamboo style seating
- TV room with satellite channels
- Conference facilities
- Hair & beauty salon (payable locally)
- Air conditioning (May - October)
- 24 hr room service
- Safety deposit boxes (free of charge in all rooms)
- Roxanne's Restaurant serves show cooking and buffet style theme nights, served on the terrace in the summer (gentlemen must wear long trousers and closed shoes)
- Garibaldi serves a la carte Italian cuisine (adults only)
- Seven Orchids Restaurant serves Pan Asian cuisine
- Limanaki Beach Restaurant serves a la carte international cuisine during lunch and buffet dinner (weather permitted)
- Infinity Pool Bar serves snacks (lunch & dinner).
- Drinks with meals include a bottle of mineral water and a choice of a glass of local premium wine or beer or soft drink or juice, breakfast and lunch served in the Café Royale Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style.
Full Board Plus: Choice of 4 restaurants; Roxanne's Restaurant with live show cooking and buffet style theme nights; Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults only); 7 Orchids serves a la carte Pan Asian cuisine (May - Oct only weather permitting); Limanaki Tavern serves traditional Cyprus Meze (May - Oct only weather permitting). One visit per week to each a la carte restaurant. Drinks with meals include a bottle of mineral water and a choice of a glass of local premium wine or beer or soft drink or juice. Breakfast & lunch served at the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet with live cooking stations.
- Live piano 2 times a week (in the lobby/terrace)
- Daily entertainment
- Daily evening entertainment Havana (at the new outdoor entertainment venue) including broadway style musicals, tribute singing acts, family fun shows (May - October, weather permitting)
- Light entertainment during dinner such as pianist, singing (available in certain restaurants)
- Daily daytime and evening activities organised by a fully qualified entertainment and animation team including aqua aerobics, yoga, exercise activities, tennis, darts
- Wine tasting
- Theme nights including Cyprus night.
- Children's pool
- Kids' club with toys and games (3-12yrs). Kids' club is supervised by qualified and family focused staff
- Activities such as cinema nights, daily organised indoor and outdoor activities.
- Cots, high chairs and early meals
- Healthy children's menu
- Babysitting (on request at an extra charge)
- Free form swimming pool
- NEW adults only outdoor serenity pool
- Indoor pool (overlooking Paphos old harbour)
- Sunbed allocation system (to ensure your own sunbed and parasols during your stay, free of charge at the beach)
- Beach/pool towels (free of charge, in the bathroom of guest rooms)
- Sun terrace
- Floodlit tennis court
- Table tennis
- New Health Club and Spa with steam bath, sauna and gym, exercise classes, massage and other treatments (gym, sauna & steam bath are free, all others payable locally, spa is by appointment)
- Varied daily activities programme (see entertainment)
- Water sports available on the beach (by external supplier, payable locally).