Agapi Beach Hotel
An ideal hotel for families that is close to local attractions.
The Agapi Beach Hotel in Ammoudara is 6 km west of Heraklion and 12 km from the airport of Crete and just a short drive from the famous Palace of Knossos where one can explore the wonders of an ancient civilisation. But this is just one reason that makes it a great choice for a holiday. Guests can enjoy a welcoming atmosphere and friendly service.
Olympic Rating: 4 Star Plus
Official Rating: 4 Star
Double bedded rooms sleep 2/3 with air conditioning, private bathrooms with bathtub or shower, hairdryer, satellite TV, direct-dial telephone, wake-up calls (automatic), safety deposit box free of charge in all rooms, radio with balcony or terrace and inland view. Single rooms with garden view, double bedded rooms sleep 2/3 with sea view, superior bungalows sleep 2/3 with garden view - completely renovated for 2017 offering a bathroom with shower, exclusive bungalows sleep 2/3 with garden view, deluxe suites sleep 2/4 with inland view or sea view, premium double rooms sleep 2/3 & maisonettes sleep 2/4 with side sea view or pool view are also available at a supplement.
- 24 hour reception
- Air conditioning
- Fridge in rooms
- Free use of gym
- Free use of kindergarten
- Free use of safety deposit box
- Tea and coffee making facilities in exclusive bungalows
- Use of tennis courts (daytime). Raquettes (free of charge)
- 5 food options - Buffet Style of International, Greek and Cretan favourites at the Main Restaurant, Greek Cuisine at the Tavern Akrogiali, Classic Italian at Piazza d'Italia, Multiethnic food at Taka-Taka, Cretan Cusine at Petousis Taverna
- 4 Bars
- Beach towels
- Bottles of mineral water upon arrival
- Umbrellas & sunbeds free of charge by the pools and on the beach
- Wifi throughout the hotel
- A multilingual animation team organises various activities and programmes during the day and night
- Morning gym, Aerobics, sports activities, games, musicals, sketches
- Once a week, Greek evening with orchestra and folklore show
- Piano night - once a week
- Jazz or alternative music once per week
- Greek evening with traditional folklore show once a week
- External professional entertainment groups
- Mini club (4-12 years old)
- Teenager club (13-17 years old) available during the whole Summer season.
- Babysitter on request at a charge
- Children's play ground
- Paddling pool
- 3 freshwater swimming pools
- Fitness room
- Use of the 2 tennis courts with equipment (lessons and floodlight payable locally).
- Beach Volley
- Aqua Aerobics
- Table tennis
- Water polo
- Crete Golf Club (Partner hotel; at a charge. Reduced Green Fees)
Water sports at a charge:
- Water Ski, Jet Ski, Parasailing etc
- Free 15 minutes massage ticket for all guests, an offer from Agapi Beach & Aegeo Spa.
Meals: Buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner at the main restaurant. Early breakfast (05:00-07:00 on request), American buffet (07:00-10:00), late continental style breakfast (10:00-11:00), buffet style lunch (12:30-14:00) and buffet dinner (19:00-21:30). Late snacks from 21:30-23:00. For 2016 the Hotel is offering new culinary experiences, offering a typical Greek Dinner at the local Petousis Taverna once per stay, Ethnic Street food at the 'Taka-Taka' Street food Restaurant and BBQ Gazebos. 6 Themed buffets are available during a 2 week stay (Greek, Asian, Mediterranean, Italian, Fish Buffet, Gala Dinner). Lunch baskets are available for excursions upon request; orders should be made one day before 20:00hrs Drinks: Drinks during meals in the main restaurant: water, soft drinks, juices, draught beer and local wine. Afternoon tea & coffee time from 16:00-17:30 with filter coffee, tea, cakes, cookies, biscuits and pastries. Children: Paddling pool, mini club for children ages 4-12, teenagers club for ages 12-17, children's breakfast (07:00-10:00), children's lunch (12:30-14:00), children's dinner (19:00-21:00) and ice cream from 11:00-17:30. Please note Entertainment & Activities: The animation team organises various activities and programmes during the day and night, such as games, competitions, musicals and cabaret shows, cultural activities include Greek cuisine & healthy diet cooking courses, Atelier courses, environmental activities, eco & garden tour. Sports activities include tennis, fitness room, water aerobics, water polo, table tennis, beach volleyball, darts and boccia.
Please note water sports activities incur charges.