Porto Platanias Beach Hotel
In a peaceful, colourful area of Chania with excellent views and attractive gardens
The luxurious Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa is set in a quiet location on the beach of Platanias, one of the most colourful areas of the Chania region, only 10 kms from the picturesque town of Chania, about 20 kms from Chania International Airport and a short drive from all major points of interest of Western Crete. The hotel has been elegantly designed with comfortable accommodation, excellent views, attractive gardens and a wide range of facilities, restaurants and bars. The Sparkling Spa offers pampering treatments and impressive five-star facilities. With the beach only moments away this is the ideal location for a relaxing holiday in pleasant surroundings.
Olympic Rating: 4 Star Plus
Official Rating: 5 Star
Twin bedded rooms sleep 2/3 and are spacious and equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, radio, hairdryer, small fridge or mini bar (on request), safety deposit box, marble private bathroom and balconies with garden or pool view. Twin bedded rooms sleep 2/3 with side sea or sea view are also available at a supplement. Maisonettes sleep 3/4 with split-level rooms comprising of a living room with two sofa beds (one single, one double) on the lower level and a twin bedded room on the upper level with a wooden staircase connecting the two levels. Large marble bathroom and a terrace with pool view. Studios sleep 2/3 and are a one-room apartment with kitchenette and fridge with pool or garden view. Single rooms with inland view are also available at a supplement.
- 3 restaurants
- 5 bars (one lobby bar, two pool bars, one beach bar and the roof garden bar)
- Free use of gym
- Safe boxes (payable locally)
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Mini market
- Salon (by appointment)
- Internet spot and wireless internet access at the lobby, the bars and around the pool area
- Air conditioning
- Free use of kindergarten
- 24 hour reception
- Room service
- Three restaurants. breakfast, lunch and dinner are served buffet style. Dinner options include fresh salads, cheeses, local and international specialties, pastries and fruits (long trousers are required for men during dinner)
- Theme nights include occasional Greek nights in the Roof Garden Bar
- The à la carte restaurant is open for lunch and dinner
- Day and evening animation programme
- Musical evenings
- Cretan night (during middle and high season) with special buffet, folklore dances, Greek and international music (payable locally).
- 4 Children's pools
- 2 Playgrounds (parents must supervise)
- High chairs in the restaurant
- Mini Club for 5-12 years (open 4 hours per day)
- Cots available in rooms
- Five freshwater swimming pools
- Sun beds and umbrellas (by the pool free of charge, at the beach payable locally)
- Table tennis
- Water polo
- Water gym
- Beach volleyball
- Fitness room
- The Sparkling Spa (entrance fee payable locally) with indoor heated pool, Jacuzzi, hammam, sauna, hydrotherapy, treatment rooms for massage, face & body treatments, vichy shower, couples suite, VIP suite and Salon (by appointment).
Please note some leisure activities are payable locally
The Sparkling Spa is 800 sq.m of inspiration drawn from the natural beauty of Crete. The spa includes a 90 sq.m heated indoor pool with natural lighting, a communal hydrotherapy area that reflects the difference between hot and cold. The hydrotherapy area includes a Turkish Hammam (steam room) and a sauna. Foot baths are also included with hot and cold water (Kneipp Therapy), an ice cave for improvement of blood circulation and an 'experience shower' with various programs designed to waken your 5 senses. The spa also has a specially designed relaxation area, bar with a variety of warm and cold drinks, 5 specially designed rooms for body massage and facial treatments, an executive private suite for 2 with Jacuzzi for massage and facial treatments, a specially designed room for body scrubs with the use of the 'Vichy shower', specially designed room for body wraps with the use of the 'Dry floating bed', hydrotherapy rooms, hair salon with manicures and pedicures. The VIP private suite for 2 with Jacuzzi sauna and experience shower is a luxury room where visitors will experience rituals with durations from a few hours to a whole day. A couple can choose between the various massages and enjoy a special pampering.
Meals: Early continental breakfast served from 04.00-07.30, full American Breakfast buffet with show cooking served from 07.30-10.30, lunch buffet served from 13.00-14.30 and dinner buffet with show cooking served from 18.30-21.30. All meals are served in the Helios & Eros main restaurant. Early breakfast and lunch baskets are available upon reservation. Late arrival cold plates are available in rooms on request. Long trousers and appropriate dress code applies during dinner. Snacks: Light snack including a variety of fruit salads, sandwiches, pizza, pastries and ice cream available from 10.30-12.30 at the Atlantis Bar. Snacks and coffee including cookies, cakes, donuts, pastries, desserts and ice cream available from 15.00-17.00 at the Atlantis Bar. Drinks: Beverages served during meals include soft drinks, local wine (red, white & rose), local draft beer, juice and water. Soft drinks, fruit juices, local draft beer, local spirits (ouzo & raki), local alcoholic and non alcoholic cocktails, variety of coffees, tea and purified water available from the Atlantis Bar from 10.00-18.00. Local brandy, local wine (red, white & rose), gin, vodka, whiskey, rum, tequila and long drinks available from 18.00-23.30 at the Island Bar.
Entertainment & Leisure Activities: Sunbeds and umbrellas at the pool, beach towels (against deposit), diving lessons, beach volley, darts, table tennis, fitness centre and activities including sports games and light animation. For Children: High chairs, cots, mini club for children aged 5-12 yrs with animators, playground, drawing, table and water games.