The lovely island of Milos boasts more than 75 beaches; the round-island boat tour from Adamas stops off at some of the nicest ones.
The lovely island of Milos boasts more than 75 beaches; the round-island boat tour from Adamas stops off at some of the nicest.
In the picturesque hill-top capital, Plaka, the archaeological museum has a replica of the statue of Venus de Milo, which was discovered here.
Touring the island, you’ll see fascinating traditional houses called Syrmata, carved in the rocks: the fishermen keep their boats on the ground floor, and live on the floor above.
- Much-photographed Sarakiniko Beach, with incredible white rock formations like a lunar landscape
- Firiplaka: a long, white sandy beach with an excellent beach bar
- Achivadolimni: a long, white, sandy beach overlooking Adamas
- More than 75 beaches
- Archaeological museum
- Traditional Syrmata houses
Things To Do
- Take a kaik (traditional wooden boat) from Pollonia to the nearby island of Kimolos
- Swim, sunbathe and snorkel in the crystal waters
- Rent a car or walk through butterfly-filled fields full of flowers and find a quiet beach all of your own.
Things To See
- Kleftiko, with its lovely beach and strange rock formations, including iconic Bear rock
- Klima and Mantrakia villages, to see the Syrmata houses
- The catacombs in the ancient city of Tripiti