Petalidi lies west of Kalamata and Stoupa. It takes just under two hours to drive from Stoupa to arrive at the small town of Petalidi.
Petalidi lies west of Kalamata and Stoupa. It takes just under two hours to drive from Stoupa to arrive at the small town of Petalidi. This peaceful town sits on a bay and has its own fishing harbour. Petalidi also boasts sandy/pebbly beaches with shallow waters.
Car hire is definitely recommended for those seeking to venture further than Petalidi as this town does make a good base from which to explore the Peloponnese.
Who goes to Petalidi?
Couples seeking a quiet retreat. Families with young children - especially when staying at the Sunrise Village Beach Hotel which offers plenty of organized activities for all.
Greece is overflowing with attractive holiday destinations but the Peloponnese is a spectacular area of its very own significance.
Holidays in the Peloponnese can cater for a large variety of interests, with breathtaking beaches, welcoming villages and sites of global archaeological significance. This spectacular peninsula attracts tourists on holiday from all corners of the globe. So whether you're hoping to spend your Greek holiday devouring olives and ouzo or you're eager to witness the ruins of Ancient Olympia in the flesh, holidays in the Peloponnese could offer you much more than you expect.
- Seaside location
- A fairly quiet and tranquil resort
- Friendly locals
- Traditional tavernas
Things To Do
- Windsurfing - located in Finikounda.
Things To See
- The ancient town of Olympia
- Mountain villages
- Pylos Town, known to be one of the most attractive coastal villages in Greece.
- The international festival of Ancient Olympia takes place in July and August.
- The caves of Diros
- 13th Century fortress in the town of Methoni. Hours can be spent strolling the medieval town inside the fortress.