Birmingham airport (IATA code: BHX) is located 8 miles from the city centre with direct links from the M1, M5, M6, M6 toll, M40 and M42 motorways. The airport is also served by Birmingham International railway station, on the West Coast Main Line between London and Birmingham. Access between the railway station and the airport terminal is provided by the free air-rail Link which takes 2 minutes. To plan your journey to Birmingham airport, see the official airport website.
In 2018, 12 million passengers passed through Birmingham airport, making it the 7th busiest airport in the UK. 2019 sees the airport celebrate its 80th year anniversary.
Birmingham Airport Destinations
You can fly to over 490 worldwide destinations from Birmingham airport (either directly or with one stop) and Olympic Holidays offers holidays from Birmingham to over 50 favourite summer sun and winter sun hotspots. You could enjoy a summer 2020 holiday to Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Menorca, Majorca, Ibiza, the Canary Islands and mainland Spain. Keep reading for a full list of destinations from Birmingham airport.
Birmingham Airport Facilities
- Reserve and collect shopping
- 23 shops from designer luxury to high street essentials
- 13 bars and restaurants
- Express Lane Security channel (pre-book or pay at the kiosk at the airport)
- Premium arrivals fast track, to make your arrival at Birmingham airport as smooth as possible (pre-book)
- Keep your kids entertained for free at Sky Zone
- Special assistance (please let us know at least 7 days prior to departure if you require any special assistance)
- Baggage trolleys for a fee
- Multi faith prayer room
- Aircraft viewing area
- Water fountains
Birmingham Airport Terminal Map
To help you navigate, download this airport terminal map (PDF version).
Birmingham Airport Lounges
There are 4 lounges available at Birmingham airport which can be pre-booked or you can pay on arrival subject to capacity.